What are the dates of the conference?
Monday, July 10 – Thursday, July 13.
We’ve combined three shows again this year!
What is the dress code?
Business Casual. Sport coats and jeans are acceptable. Reminder: Meeting rooms get chilly.
We encourage comfortable shoes and casual dress for the tours and receptions.
NEW THIS YEAR: “Wear Your Team Wednesday”
- On Wednesday, July 12, all attendees are encouraged to wear attire with their team, venue, or company logo. It’s a fun, easy way to enhance networking! At the end of the show, donate your shirt to a local shelter, or bring an extra with you to donate.
- You may consider casual attire all day Wednesday, as we are planning an indoor-outdoor event at BB&T Center later that afternoon. And with a jam-packed Wednesday agenda, you’re not going to want to step away to change.
I’m there from the start. What can I expect?
Because our Sports Venue Design & Build Forum and Sports Sales Boot Camp both have content relevant to many, we devoted an entire day, Monday, July 10, to them. ALSD formally kicks off with a 3:30 p.m. keynote interview, so take in all of Monday’s Design & Build Forum, which has sessions on new builds, renos, tech, entertainment districts, sponsorship, and – you guessed it – premium. And if you’re a young sales gun, sit in the Sports Sales Boot Camp to increase your sales acumen, and learn about lead gen, getting to the C-suite, and many more topics.
So what can I attend?
- Teams, Leagues, and F&Bers from sports venues are free to attend all events and sessions, including League and Standalone Meetings (Tuesday), Tours and Receptions, General Sessions, and Tradeshow Events. You should also attend the Design & Build Forum.
- Teaser: Colleges, Minor Leagues, Entertainment, and Performing Arts: You have a special standalone agenda at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts.
- Exhibitors, Suppliers, and Vendor Companies are also free to attend all events and sessions except League and Standalone Meetings. Monday and Tuesday, this group is encouraged to attend the Design & Build Forum, designed largely with this group in mind.
- If you are unclear on what events you should and can attend, ask an ALSD staffer.
When is Tradeshow Set-Up?
Monday, July 10, 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
You may wonder, “Is that the same day as Design & Build?” It is, so set-up starts at 8:00 a.m. Design & Build doesn’t begin until 8:55 a.m. Plus, we break from 12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m. So divide and conquer the set-up and sessions, and attend everything in between. Plan to optimize your Monday now. Also, if your booth is in the tradeshow foyer, you may set up Sunday, July 9 at 5:00 p.m., which might be a good idea because that area will be trafficked starting early Monday for registration and Design & Build. Just keep in mind, security is not hired until Monday overnight. You get it. And if you don’t, call with questions.
Where do conference events take place?
Loews Miami Beach Hotel
1601 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139
- Registration for the ALSD Conference and Tradeshow, Design & Build Forum, and Sports Sales Boot Camp is on Floor 2.
- ALSD Conference Education, Tradeshow, Design & Build Forum, Sports Sales Boot Camp, and Bullseye Meetings are on Floors 2 & 3. Check your program for specific rooming assignments.
- Buses for offsite tours depart from the Loews front entrance. This year, we are touring Hard Rock Stadium on Monday, July 10, leaving at 7:00 p.m., BB&T Center on Wednesday, July 12, leaving at 3:00 p.m., and Marlins Park on Thursday, July 13, leaving at 10:30 a.m. Colleges, Minor Leagues, Entertainment Venues, and PACs visit Broward Center for the Performing Arts on Tuesday, July 11, leaving at 9:30 a.m.
*Please note: If you booked at our overflow hotel (Courtyard Marriott), less 0.3 miles away, you will need to walk or arrange your own transportation to the Loews for all conference events.
Will there be food and drink available?
Food and drink will be featured at the sports venues as part of our off-site hospitality receptions. Additionally, there will be receptions in the tradeshow with hors d'oeuvres and beverages on Monday and Tuesday nights, and at the Watch Party (see below) on Tuesday. There is also a Tuesday lunch and Wednesday brunch in the hall. Breakfast most days is available.
Can I see the tentative final program?
Here is the full conference schedule. Don't forget to pick up your full printed program and addendum at the Registration Desk. There have been changes since we went to print. We also have an onsite app available with full program, speaker, and vendor information. Download Attendee in the App Store or on Google Play.
Do I have to be credentialed at all events?
Yes. You must wear your issued credential that you receive at registration at all times. This is especially true for venue tours and receptions, so the host teams can account for attendees. Your guests who have registered must also wear their credentials.
What are the transportation options from the airport to the host hotel?
The Miami International Airport is 25 minutes from the host hotel. Both offer cab service and rental car counters. You can also take app-based ride share services. Our charter partner is offering a Ride Share Program: miRide provides transportation to and from the airport. Take advantage of the ride later feature on miRide to pre-arrange your transportation when arriving into Ft. Lauderdale or Miami International Airport. Visit the website or download the miRide app. On miRide, select the Add/Apply Promo Code box and enter “ALSD17”. miRide delivers best in class, fully permitted, affordable black car service. Contact miRide directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Can I check bags at the host hotel?
Yes. The host hotel has a baggage check. The hotel might also grant late check-outs upon request. Call ahead or upon arrival as late check-outs are limited. Please plan accordingly. Check-in at the hotel is at 4:00 p.m. Check-out is at 12:00 p.m.
What do I need to bring?
Energy and an open mind! Please be prepared to take part in interactive sessions and meetings that call for audience participation.
Can I get updates about events going on at the conference?
We have a conference app: Attendee App. You’ll download the Attendee App from the App Store or Google Play, enable location services, sign up and create a profile, and check-in for exclusive event access, important details, networking, and more!
If I drive to the conference, is there parking? And if I am local, may I drive to the sports venues tours?
For parking at the Loews Miami Beach Hotel (1601 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139), there is a parking garage near 16th Street and Collins Avenue, which is a two-minute walk to Loews. There is also valet service at the Loews for $33 daily, $43 overnight.
*Remember: ALSD buses attendees to offsite tours and receptions, departing from the Loews. If you are local and plan to drive, or will take a cab to or from, grab an “If Driving” card at the registration desk or email us. We have instructions for each venue, including where you can store bags if you have to hightail it to the airport after a tour.
How does the tradeshow impact my venue?
It’s one of the most important aspects of your conference experience. This is a showcase for all new products and services going on in the sports business. If you want to know about new tech, fan experience, furniture, amenities, and other areas of your business, you need to talk to the exhibitors and sponsors. They are there to provide solutions for your venues.
Are there other sports or entertainment events I should know about while I’m in town?
You mean besides the amazing venue tours? If you don’t have tickets to the MLB Midsummer Classic, the next best thing is taking place at the Loews - a Watch Party with hundreds of your closest friends. Starting at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, drinks and apps will whet your appetite until the game begins on a big screen on the beautiful Americana Lawn, steps from the beach.
Is there a list of restaurants in the area?
The Greater Miami CVB will be onsite near registration. Ask them for recommendations. Plus, the Loews has great dining options. Allegedly some are next to the pool.