What are the dates of the conference?
Sunday, August 15 – Tuesday, August 17, 2021
We’re riding the three-show wave again this year!
- ALSD Conference and Tradeshow: Sunday, August 15 – Tuesday, August 17, 2021
- Sports Venue Design & Build Forum: Monday, August 16 – Tuesday, August 17, 2021
- Sports Sales & Service Training Forum: Monday, August 16
ALSD is collocating with two other conference meetings this year. Ticket Summit will host a separate program and share the exhibit hall and networking events and tours. The ECHL will also host separate meetings and share two tradeshow events and tours.
- Sunday, August 15: Exhibitor Set Up, Registration Opens, New Attendee Meeting at 2:00 p.m., Keynote, Super Panel at 3:00 p.m., Tradeshow Opening Night 4:00-7:00 p.m., followed by buses departing for Allegiant Stadium Tour and Reception.
- Monday, August 16: Quite a day! 8:30-9:30 a.m. kicks off the All-Attendee Breakfast, State of the Industry and Visionary Award, followed by League Day for teams/venues and the Design & Build Forum running 9:45 a.m.-4:45 p.m.; Sports Sales & Service Training Forum running 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.; Tradeshow Lunch 12:00-2:00 p.m.; walking or busing for T-Mobile Arena Tour and Reception begins at 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 17: ALSD and Design & Build Forum combine starting at 9:00 a.m. with Super Sessions. A Tradeshow Lunch gives way to Solutions Sessions, then ALSD and Design & Build Super Sessions and Breakouts continue 1:00-4:45 p.m.
What are the venue tours this year?
- Allegiant Stadium: Sunday, August 15 beginning at 7:00 p.m.
- T-Mobile Arena: Monday, August 16 beginning at 5:00 p.m.
What is the dress code?
Business Casual. Sport coats and jeans are acceptable. As a reminder, it’s Vegas-hot outside, but indoor meeting rooms can get chilly. Additionally, we encourage comfortable shoes and casual dress for the tours and receptions. Both venue tours are indoors.
So, what can I attend?
- Teams, leagues, and personnel from sports/entertainment venues are free to attend all events and sessions, including League Meetings, Tours and Receptions, Super, Solutions, and Breakout Sessions, and Tradeshow Events. Many will attend the Design & Build Forum.
- Teams & Venues: With Design & Build Forum, Sports Sales & Service Training Forum, and ALSD League Day running concurrently on Monday, it might make sense to divide and conquer. The content is powerful in each track, so select what applies to you most.
- F&Bers: The Design & Build Forum is what you will attend on Monday, with several panelists delivering specific F&B content.
- Tech Attendees: This year, the Design & Build Forum will feature technology-specific topics, which continue into Tuesday. Stay tuned for additional opportunities.
- Exhibitors, Suppliers, and Vendor Companies are also free to attend all events and sessions except Monday’s League Meetings. Instead, on Monday this group should attend the Design & Build Forum, designed with them in mind, or even the Sports Sales & Service Training Center if the programming is fitting.
- If you are unclear on what events you should and can attend, ask an ALSD staffer.
Get Text Updates
This year at the ALSD conference, we will use Vozzi, a text platform, to send you updates and reminders throughout the conference. It takes only seconds to opt-in for helpful conference announcements and reminders.
Speaking of attending, are there any cool offers while we are in town?
As a matter of fact, yes. There is a Premium Suite ALSD Offer Promo for the George Strait concert at T-Mobile Arena. A few suites are available for ALSD attendees for Friday, August 13 and Saturday, August 14, on a first-come basis at ticket price of $29.16. Here is the link for tickets: http://www.axs.com/series/12411/george-strait-premium-suite-alsd-offer-tickets?skin=tmobile
When is Tradeshow Set Up?
Sunday, August 15 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Don ’t forget, we have an exhibitor welcome reception in Starvine 10-11 at 11:00 a.m. Come say hello, speak with fellow exhibitors and ALSD staff. We will also explain our QR lead-gen program.
How does the tradeshow impact my venue?
It’s one of the most important aspects of your conference experience. This is a showcase for all new products and services going on in sports venue marketplace. If you want to know about new tech, fan experience, food and beverage, furniture, amenities, and other areas of your business, you need to talk to the exhibitors and sponsors. You may not need all the products offered now, but when you do, you ’ll know who to call.
Where do conference events take place?
ARIA Resort & Casino, located at 3730 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, NV 89158
- The ARIA’s West Convention Center, Level 3 is where Registration for the ALSD Conference, Design & Build Forum, and Sports Sales & Service Training Forum takes place. This is where you pick up your badges: Attendees by last name, Exhibitors/Sponsors by company name. The entirety of the conference is on Level 3.
- ALSD Conference Education, Tradeshow, Design & Build Forum, Sports Sales & Service Training Forum, and Bullseye Meetings are all on Level 3. There are a few tiny tweaks to meeting room assignments, but don ’t worry signage and staff will point those out.
- Walking and busing departures for offsite tours depart from the ARIA’s Main Valet Pickup Lobby, where there are escalators to buses, doors to walk through, and escalators for an indoor trek to T-Mobile Arena on Monday. Don ’t worry, we will be there to help direct you. Keep in mind, tour attendance always high, so staggered bus and walking departures will help on hotel egress and tour venue ingress. For bus trips, we will also run them on a shuttle, as the venues are close.
- Each night, there will be a last call to board buses or walk at the conclusion of venue tours. If you decide to stay out on the town or miss the last bus, you can Uber/Lyft/taxi back to the hotel.
Will there be food and drink available?
Food and drink will be featured at the sports venues as part of our off-site hospitality receptions. Additionally, there will be a tradeshow reception with hors d'oeuvres and beverages on Sunday night. There are also Monday and Tuesday tradeshow lunches and Monday All-Attendee Breakfast presentation.
Can I see the tentative final program?
Pick up your full printed program and addendum at the Registration Desk; there have been changes since we went to print. If you wish to see an advanced look at the program, visit www.alsd.com/schedule
CTA: Can I get updates about events going on at the conference?
We have a text program for schedule reminders, with links to our site for full session, tradeshow, tour information.
- Prepare Now for Text Communication Reminders while at ALSD: Please text: ALSD2021 to 833-317-1867
- Alternatively, send Kate@alsd.com your cell number for loading into the text system
CTA: Any new networking tools this year?
You know it. Exhibitors will have scannable QRs on badges. Additionally, all attendees and exhibitors will download a networking app, which can serve as a pseudo business card. Attendees are pre-loaded for ease of access once the app is downloaded.
- Download the Networking and Tradeshow QR App before the conference: https://fan-needs-alsd.vcd-eventsforce.com/native_app/store_url
What are the transportation options from the airport to the host hotel?
Ubers, taxis, and super shuttles from the airport should be arranged on your own. Most fly into Mc Carran International Airport.
If I am driving to the conference, is there parking?
The ARIA offers valet and self-parking options.
Do I have to be credentialed at all events?
Yes! And we mean every event. You will not be permitted into venue events without your ALSD-issued credential, which you receive at registration with a lanyard. For all tours, the credentials are how host venues account for attendees and secure the parties. Your guests who have registered must also wear their credentials. Venues will also have security guest check-in (mags & bags). If you arrive Sunday to Allegiant Stadium from the airport, ALSD will check our list to permit entrance, and also issue a temporary badge.
Can I drive to the venue tours?
Please bus or walk with ALSD attendees if possible. For local venue attendees who will drive to venue tours or for those who arrive from an airport, we will have “If Driving” cards and information available at the registration desk (or by email if you need it) with directions and gate/entry information. Please ensure you follow the instructions to ensure proper entry. And don ’t forget your credential! Luggage storage for tour events is at a minimum. We will have more information on site on where it will be stored and available.
Can I check bags at the host hotel?
Yes, the host hotel has a baggage check. ARIA check-in is at 3:00 p.m. Check-out is at 11:00 a.m. Please inquire yourself regarding early check-in or late check-out, as this is available only on a limited basis.
Tell us about safety measures.
Nevada has reimposed a mask mandate effective July 30, following guidance from the CDC. The ALSD Conference will follow these guidelines. Everyone, including those who are fully vaccinated, should wear a mask in public indoor settings, unless actively eating, drinking, or speaking on a panel on stage. Social distancing in meeting rooms is not required at this time. If you have any covid-related questions, contact ARIA guest services at 1.877.751.7117.
What do I need to bring?
Energy and an open mind! Please be prepared to take part in interactive sessions and meetings that call for audience participation.