Brian Cobb was appointed Chief Innovation Officer of the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) in January 2018. Brian joined CVG as its first Vice President of Customer Experience in July 2010. He oversees the airport’s team of professionals working in the fields of customer relations and terminal services, graphics and signage, housekeeping and custodial contracts, information technology, and innovation programming. His role includes strategic competitive and experience advantages through effective facilitation and talent and technology acquisitions. The surrounding region’s status relies heavily upon CVG’s transportation advocacy, economic excellence, and service superiority.
Brian is a native Cincinnatian, a resident of Union, Kentucky, and a graduate of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. He received his bachelor’s degree in aeronautical science and holds commercial pilot and flight instructor licenses with associated aircraft ratings. Brian received Airport Council International’s “International Airport Professional (IAP)” designation in 2013. He has more than 25 years of aviation experience, working in both the airline and airport sectors.
Among his key focal points are startup innovations and integration into the airport ecosystem. Recent CVG wins include the following.
- SkyTrax award for Best Regional Airport in North America in six of the last eight years
- First domestic U.S. airport to:
- Implement integrated Bluetooth and WiFi sensing technology, enabling accountability measures for minimized security wait times and improved customer experience
- Pilot study of advance mobility transport for passengers with reduced mobility
- Use of interior drone photography for advanced wayfinding purposes
- Integration of wearable technology for employee and enterprise management
- Deployment of IoT devices for monitoring and tracking 1980’s people-mover technology
- Founder of Leading Individuals Forward Together (LIFT), a social engagement model for airport staff and disability organizations
- Collaborative curation opportunity with massive scale, in-airport museum displays courtesy of the Cincinnati Museum Center
- Street, pop-art, and interactive curation that includes famed global artists with a focus on live events for customer engagement