David Tepper, new owner of the Carolina Panthers has made his intentions clear. He is committed to winning football games. And winning games starts with winning facilities.
Along with the organization’s desire to upgrade its practice facilities, the Panthers look to continue re-investment back into Bank of America Stadium.
“Community is also a hallmark for the Carolina Panthers,” says team President Tom Glick, who is set to receive the ALSD’s Visionary Award in 2019. “We will continue to exceed our commitment to our great fans, and we are investing more in our fan experience, helping them to live and showcase their passion, bringing fans together from across cities and our two states in the stadium and beyond.”
This commitment expressed by Glick comes on the heels of a major, multi-year stadium renovation. During a five-year period between 2014 and 2018, $175 million was spent on major enhancements to Bank of America Stadium, part of which garnered the venue an ALSD Spotlight Award.
Highlights of the improvements include:
- New Escalators
- New Video Boards
- Two 360-Degree Ribbon Boards
- A Distributed Sound System
- New Glass Domes at Three Entrances with LED Lighting Features
- Fully Renovated 153 Suites
- Two New Clubs – 51 Club and 32 Club
- A New Cellular (DAS) System
- The Construction of Exterior Hospitality Options – Legend’s Row
- New Landscaping Designed by Renowned Landscape Architect Peter Schaudt
- New Wi-Fi System throughout the Entire Stadium
- Security Enhancements – Walkthrough Mags and Double the Number of Cameras
- 500 Level Improvements – New Concessions Equipment, Lighting, Wayfinding Signage, Increased Points-of-Sale, Increased TVs
- 100 Level Improvements – New Concessions Equipment, Lighting, Wayfinding Signage, Increased Points-of-Sale, Increased TVs
- Club Level Renovations – New Concessions Equipment, Lighting, Wayfinding Signage, Increased Points-of-Sale, Increased TVs, Large LED Boards, Five New Club Spaces
- New Offsite DAS Building
- New Irrigation, Irrigation Controls, Drainage Tile, Soil Mix of Playing Field
- New Chiller Plant
- Expanded Ticket Office