Location: Starvine 8, West Convention Center, Level 3
9:45 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
A New Approach to Activating and Monetizing our Stadiums and Clubs
A stadium is not merely a showpiece, activated only on college game days. A stadium is truly the front porch of a university, with outlets for an entire community, from athletics and recruits, to alumni and academics, to fans and businesses. The stadium is the heart of it all, and it’s incumbent on us to maximize its activation and monetization potential. Perhaps it's time to explore how to turn our venues into experience centers 365 days a year and understand who can help. In this Q&A session, learn new possibilities and approaches for our venues and share your common challenges.
• Chris Collins, VP, Innovation & Strategy - Stadium Division, ClubCorp
• LaDonna Gerhart, VP Membership-Stadium Division and Premier Golf Clubs, ClubCorp
• Brandon Millares, Senior Vice President, Stadium Club Development, ClubCorp
• J Torchio, Senior Vice President of Operations, ClubCorp
• Sean DiCicco, Corporate Vice President of Food and Beverage, ClubCorp
10:30 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
Now is the time to turn EVERY FAN INTO A DONOR
Even before the COVID-19 pandemic put many tens of millions of dollars in the red, athletics programs were facing significant financial challenges. D1 expenses are up over 80% since 2009, but ticket revenue has grown just 28% in that same time. As venues reopen, it will be crucial to lean into the 365 day a year development season. Session attendees will join a discussion around the best practices Aspire has developed to convert non-donors and low-level donors into crucial department sustainers during the most tumultuous period in the history of sport.
11:15 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Pricing Seats at Allegiant Stadium for UNLV Football Using the Lessons Learned from Pricing the Chicken Soft Taco at Taco Bell
This session will illustrate how UNLV used behavioral pricing and an understanding of consumer psychology to understand how to price seats at Allegiant stadium for UNLV football. The technique employed has been used to price food items at Taco Bell and pies sold in a restaurant chain, as well as the price of hotel rooms. The presenter has published many articles on pricing and developed the pricing strategy for British Airways.
• Stowe Shoemaker, PhD, Dean, Andrew and Peggy Cherng Deanship, Harrah College of Hospitality, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Lunch in the Tradeshow
1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Afternoon College Roundtable
Discuss: Stewardship, Client Relationships post-Covid, New Sales and Service Strategies, New Premium Product Possibilities, Food & Beverage
• Justin Doyle, Senior Director, Ticket Sales and Premium Seating, Department of Athletics, Ohio State Athletics
• Bobbi Busboom, Assistant Athletics Director for Development, Operations, University of Illinois Athletics
All Attendee Evening Tour and Reception at T-Mobile Arena, iconic entertainment and Vegas Golden Knights arena