What are the dates of the conference?
Sunday, July 10 – Tuesday, July 12, 2022
Four tracks provide even more education than ever before:
- ALSD Conference and Tradeshow: Sunday, July 10 – Tuesday, July 12, 2022
- Design & Build Forum: Sunday, July 10 – Tuesday, July 12, 2022
- Technology Symposium: Sunday, July 10 – Tuesday, July 12, 2022
- Premium Buyers Group: Monday, July 11, 2022
Well, for one, our Technology Symposium. Hear from technology leaders who manage the tech backbone for the world's most innovative venues. Technology is critical everywhere in every venue. Learn from the best what works now, what's changing, and what comes next.
Any cool activations this year?
Here’s one to know before the show. On July 10, attendees visit Barclays Center, where we showcase a mock ticketing experience, brought to you by SeatGeek. For those who have submitted their email to ALSD, be ready by July 7 to access your SeatGeek event ticket. While not mandatory for access into Barclays Center, your digital event ticket includes information you may need during the tour, and so you can familiarize yourself even more with SeatGeek's best-in-class consumer product! Watch for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with steps to access your event ticket. Please complete the prompts to enjoy the full ticketing experience.
How can I stay up to date with announcements at the conference?
Glad you asked. Attendees opt in to text message alerts for ALSD events, using the QR code.
- Sunday, July 10: Exhibitor Set Up, Registration Opens, New Attendee/Networking Meeting at 2:00 p.m., Keynote and Visionary at 3:00, Tradeshow Opening Night 4:00-7:00 p.m., Buses departing for Barclays Center Tour and Reception begins at 7:00 p.m.
- Monday, July 11: 8:30-9:30 a.m. kicks off the All-Attendee Breakfast, Keynote Interview, State of the Industry, followed by League Day for teams/venues, Design & Build Forum, Tech Symposium, and Premium Buyers Group running 10:00 a.m.-4:45 p.m.; Tradeshow Lunch 12:30-2:00 p.m. Buses begin departing for UBS Arena Tour and Reception at 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 12: ALSD and Design & Build Forum combine starting at 9:00 a.m. with Super Sessions. A Tradeshow Lunch gives way to Solutions Sessions, then Breakouts continue 1:30-4:00 p.m., followed by buses departing for USTA Plaza Event and Tour at 4:00 p.m.
Where are the venue tours this year?
- Barclays Center: Sunday, July 10 beginning at 7:30 p.m.
- UBS Arena: Monday, July 11 beginning at 6:30 p.m.
- USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center: Tuesday, July 12 beginning at 5:00 p.m.
What is the dress code?
Business Casual. Sport coats and jeans are acceptable. As a reminder, it might be warm outside, but indoor meeting rooms can get chilly.
Additionally, we encourage comfortable shoes and casual dress for the tours and receptions. Sunday and Monday evening tours are indoors, while Tuesday's tour begins outdoors on the USTA South Plaza. We are calling that day “Tennis Shoe Tuesday.” Feel free to rock yours, and if you have room in your suitcase, bring an extra pair for donation to a local shelter.
So, what can I attend?
- Teams, leagues, and personnel from sports/entertainment venues are free to attend all events and sessions, including League Meetings, Tours and Receptions, Super Solutions, Breakouts, Solutions Sessions, and Tradeshow Events. Many will attend the Design & Build Forum.
- Teams & Venues: With Design & Build Forum, Tech Symposium, Premium Buyers Group, and ALSD League Day running concurrently on Monday, it might make sense to divide and conquer.
- Tech, F&B, and Facilities Attendees: The Design & Build Forum and Tech Symposium are available to you Monday, with breakouts all day Monday. On Tuesday, ALSD, Design & Build Forum, and Tech Symposium join for all day education.
- Buyers of Premium Seats, Teams and Venues: Premium Buyers Group programming is available to you Monday.
- Exhibitors, Suppliers, and Vendor Companies are also free to attend all Tech Symposium and Design & Build Forum sessions and events, both designed with our vendors partners in mind. Monday’s League Meetings are for teams and venues only however.
- Everyone is welcome to all venue tours, listed above. This is a great place for networking and to see best-in-breed venues.
- If you are unclear on what events you should and can attend, ask an ALSD staffer.
When is Tradeshow Set Up?
Sunday, July 10 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. You’re also welcome to the Maximizing Your ALSD Experience Meeting on Sunday at 2:00 p.m.
How does the tradeshow impact my venue?
It’s one of the most important aspects of your conference experience. This is a showcase for all new products and services going on in the sports venue marketplace. If you want to know about new tech, fan experience, food and beverage, furniture, amenities, and other areas of your business, you need to talk to the exhibitors and sponsors. You may not need all the products offered now, but when you do, you’ll know whom to call.
What is the Bullseye Program?
Bullseye is a pre-scheduled, 12-minute, one-on-one meeting program between buyers and sellers. Certain vendors showcase more by explaining, and opted for Bullseye this year. Attendees meet with the Bullseye sellers. If you wish to take meetings or learn more, contact Anne@alsd.com.
Where do conference events take place?
New York Marriott Marquis, located at 1535 Broadway, New York, NY 10036
- The Marriott lobby is located on Floor 8. Pay attention to the elevators. You select the floor, they select your elevator car letter.
- ALSD Tradeshow, Bullseye, and Registration is on Floor 6. Attendees pick up badges by last name, Exhibitor/Sponsors by company name.
- All Education takes place on Floors 5 and 7. This includes ALSD, Design & Build Forum, Tech Symposium, and Premium Buyers Group.
- Buses for the venue tours pick up guests on 45th Street in front of the Starbucks. ALSD and hotel will assist with the pickup/drop off.
- At the conclusion of venue tours, there is a last call for buses. If you miss or stay out on the town, Uber/Lyft/Cab back.
Will there be food and drink available?
Food and drink will be featured at the sports venues as part of our off-site hospitality receptions. Additionally, there will be a tradeshow cocktail Reception on Sunday night. There are also Monday and Tuesday tradeshow lunches and morning coffee breaks.
Where can I get an advanced look at the preliminary program?
Pick up your full printed program and addendum at the Registration Desk; there have been changes since we went to print. For an advanced look, visit alsd.com/schedule.
What are the transportation options from the airport to the host hotel?
Ubers, Lyfts, taxis, and super shuttles from the airport should be arranged on your own. There are three airports most fly into: LGA (LaGuardia) is the closest, followed by EWR (Newark), and JFK (JFK). Subway and trains can be arranged. Penn Station is less than 1 mile from the Marriott.
If I am driving to the conference, is there parking?
The Marriott offers valet. Check their website for pricing: www.marriott.com/en-us/hotels/nycmq-new-york-marriott-marquis
Do I have to be credentialed at all events?
Yes! And we mean every event. You will not be permitted into venue events without your ALSD-issued credential, which you receive at registration with a lanyard. For all tours, the credentials are how host venues account for attendees and secure the events. Your guests who have registered must also wear their credentials. Venues may also have security guest check-in (mags & bags). You may also receive wristbands on the buses for certain tours, which will help indicate your tour groups at the venues.
Can I drive to the venue tours?
Please bus with ALSD attendees if possible. For local venue attendees who will drive to venue tours or for those who arrive from an airport, we will have “If Driving” cards and information available at the registration desk (or by email if you need it) with directions and gate/entry information. Don’t forget your credential! Luggage storage for tour events is at a minimum. We will have more information on site on where it will be stored.
Can I check bags at the host hotel?
Yes, the bell stand has a baggage check. As a reminder, check in is 4:00 p.m. and check out is 11:00 a.m. at the Marriott. Please inquire yourself regarding early check-in or late check-out, as this is available only on a limited basis.
What about vaccine measures and masking?
At this time, there is no proof of vaccination required in New York City, and also no mask mandate.
What do I need to bring?
Energy and an open mind! Please be prepared to take part in interactive sessions and meetings that call for audience participation.
Any travel advice?
Some airports and airlines are experiencing delays and cancellations at a higher rate than normal. If your flight is delayed or cancelled, be sure to call the hotel in the event you will miss your first night stay so the hotel is aware you will still be arriving, and not assess a cancellation. Keep your hotel confirmation number and hotel reservation line handy.