What are the dates of the conference?
Sunday, June 30 – Wednesday, July 3, 2019
We’ve combined three shows again this year!
- ALSD Conference and Tradeshow
- Sports Venue Design & Build Forum
- Sports Sales Training Forum
- To come
What is the dress code?
- Business Casual.Sport coats and jeans are acceptable. Reminder: meeting rooms get chilly. Layers, anyone?
- We encourage comfortable shoes and casual dress for the tours and receptions.
- Typically, we have a "Wear Your Team" Day where all attendees are encouraged to wear attire with their team, venue, or company logo. At the end of the show, exchange shirts (and contact information) with a colleague to and start building your own team. It’s a fun, easy way to enhance networking!
So what can I attend?
- Teams, leagues, and personnel from sports/entertainment venues are free to attend all events and sessions, including League and Standalone Meetings, Tours and Receptions, General Sessions, and Tradeshow Events. Many will attend the Design & Build Forum.
- Teams: Design & Build Forum and ALSD League Day frequently run concurrently. It can be useful to "divide and conquer" these powerful meetings.
- F&Bers: The Design & Build Forum is what you will attend during League meetings, with multiple programs devoted to F&B content.
- Exhibitors, Suppliers, and Vendor Companies are also free to attend all events and sessions except League and Standalone Meetings. Instead, this group should attend the Design & Build Forum, designed with them in mind.
- If you are unclear on what events you should and can attend, ask an ALSD staffer.
How does the tradeshow impact my venue?
It’s one of the most important aspects of your conference experience. This is a showcase for all new products and services going on in sports business. If you want to know about new tech, fan experience, furniture, amenities, and other areas of your business, you need to talk to the exhibitors and sponsors. They are there for a reason: to provide solutions for your venues. Remember: We Innovate Together. Vendors and suppliers are the dream-makers in this space, creating the best ideas, innovations, and products to move sports and entertainment venues into a new era.
Where do conference events take place?
Marriott Marquis Chicago
2121 S Prairie Ave.
Chicago, IL 60616
Will there be food and drink available?
Food and drink will be featured at the sports venues as part of our off-site hospitality receptions. Additionally, there will be receptions in the tradeshow with hors d'oeuvres and beverages. Lunch and/or light breakfast will be available most days surrounding keynote speakers or tradeshow hours.
- The program is always changing. The most up-to-date information is always at alsd.com/schedule
Do I have to be credentialed at all events?
Yes! And we mean every event. You will not be permitted into venue events without your ALSD-issued credential, which you receive at registration with a lanyard. Additionally, for Monday’s venue, each attendee will get a wrist band on the bus, which you must wear. If you are driving to Monday’s tour, you must get a wrist band before you enter. For all tours, the credentials are how host venues account for attendees and secure the parties. Your guests who have registered must also wear their credentials.
Can I drive to the venue tours?
For local venue attendees and others who will drive to the venue tours, we will have "If Driving" cards available at the registration desk with directions and gate/entry information. Please ensure you follow the instructions to ensure proper entry.
What do I need to bring?
Energy and an open mind! Please be prepared to take part in interactive sessions and meetings that call for audience participation.