What are the dates of the conference?
Sunday, June 30 – Wednesday, July 3, 2019
We’re riding the three-show wave again this year!
- ALSD Conference and Tradeshow: Sunday, June 30 – Wednesday, July 3, 2019
- Sports Venue Design & Build Forum: Monday, July 1 – Tuesday, July 2, 2019
- Sports Sales Training Forum: Monday, July 1
- Sunday, June 30: Exhibitor Set Up, Registration Opens, New Attendee Meeting at 2:30 p.m., Jim Thome Keynote + Conference Open at 3:30 p.m., Tradeshow Opening Night 4:00-7:00 p.m., followed by buses departing for Soldier Field Tour and Reception.
- Monday, July 1: Quite a day! 8:00-9:30 a.m. kicks off the All Attendee Breakfast, Visionary Award & Chicago Super Panel, followed by League Day for teams/venues and the Design & Build Forum running 9:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.; groups join back together at 4:00 p.m. for the State of the Industry and Wrigley Field Super Panel; Sports Sales Training Forum begins at 8:00 a.m.; Tradeshow Lunch 12:00-1:30 p.m. and Happy Hour 5:00-6:30 p.m., followed by buses departing for Wrigley Field Tour and Reception.
- Tuesday, July 2: ALSD and Design & Build Forum combine starting with an 8:30 a.m. Keynote Breakfast by Angela Ruggiero, Super Panel, and General Sessions. A Tradeshow Lunch gives way to Solutions Sessions, then ALSD and Design & Build General and Breakout Sessions continue 12:30-3:45 p.m., followed by Past is Prologue: Premium Seating Through the Years Super Panel and Spotlight Awards, followed buses departing at 5:00 p.m. for United Center Tour and Reception; Remember: “Wear Your Team Tuesday”.
- Wednesday, July 3: Conference closes with a bang, starting at 9:00 a.m. with breakfast and two incredible interactive workshops on Organizational Health & High Performance and Keys to Engagement, Development, and Leadership at Wintrust Arena, following by a tour of the brand-new venue, which is connected to the host hotel.
- Sports venue tours will be self-guided this year. Be sure to follow signs, collaterals, and guest service personnel. Special surprises may meet you at every new location. Seriously.
What is the dress code?
- Business Casual. Sport coats and jeans are acceptable. And in case you forgot, meeting rooms get chilly. Layers, anyone?
- We encourage comfortable shoes and casual dress for the tours and receptions.
- For the third year, we will wear team or company attire on: “Wear Your Team Tuesday”
On Tuesday, July 2, all attendees are encouraged to wear attire with their team, venue, or company logo. It’s a fun, easy way to enhance networking! Bring an extra to donate to those in need to registration.
So what can I attend?
- Teams, leagues, and personnel from sports/entertainment venues are free to attend all events and sessions, including League and Standalone Meetings, Tours and Receptions, General Sessions, and Tradeshow Events. Many will attend the Design & Build Forum.
Teams & Venues: With Design & Build Forum and ALSD League Day running concurrently on Monday, it might make sense to divide and conquer. The content is powerful in each meeting, so select what applies to you most. And don’t forget the Sports Sales Training Forum is Monday, July 1 too. Are you sending reps?
- F&Bers: The Design & Build Forum is what you will attend on Monday, with several panelists delivering F&B content.
- Exhibitors, Suppliers, and Vendor Companies are also free to attend all events and sessions except Monday’s League and Standalone Meetings. Instead, on Monday this group should attend the Design & Build Forum, designed with them in mind.
- If you are unclear on what events you should and can attend, ask an ALSD staffer. Our shirts say, “How can we help you?” Tell us.
Please note: The hotel meeting space is on three levels. Escalators, staff, and signage will guide the way.
When is Tradeshow Set Up?
Sunday, June 24 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Don’t forget, we have an exhibitor welcome reception in Level 33 from 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Come say hello, speak with fellow exhibitors and ALSD staff, and have a cup of Joe, on us.
How does the tradeshow impact my venue?
It’s one of the most important aspects of your conference experience. This is a showcase for all new products and services going on in sports venue marketplace. If you want to know about new tech, fan experience, food and beverage, furniture, amenities, and other areas of your business, you need to talk to the exhibitors and sponsors. They are there for a reason: to provide solutions for your venues. Remember: We Innovate Together. Vendors and suppliers are the dream-makers in this space, creating the best ideas, innovations, and products to move sports and entertainment venues into a new era. You may not need all the products offered now, but when you do, you’ll know who to call.
Where do conference events take place?
Marriott Marquis Chicago, located at 2121 S Prairie Ave, Chicago, IL 60616
- Registration for the ALSD Conference, Design & Build Forum, and Sports Sales Training Forum is on the 2nd Level, one floor above the main lobby. This is where you pick up your badges: Attendees by last name, Exhibitors/Sponsors by company name.
- ALSD Conference Education, Tradeshow, Design & Build Forum, Sports Sales Training Forum, and Bullseye Meetings are on Floors 2-4: Check your program for specific rooming assignments.
- Buses for offsite tours depart from the main lobby. Keep in mind, attendance is at an all-time high and loading all buses usually takes a good 30 minutes, with Sunday’s Soldier Field busing shuttling back and forth. Be patient and if you must, hit up the Woven + Bound Bar, 2121 Pantry, or Showroom Food Hall while you wait. This year, we are touring Soldier Field on Sunday, June 30 leaving around 7:00 p.m., Wrigley Field on Monday, July 1 leaving around 6:30 p.m. and United Center on Tuesday, July 2 leaving around 5:00 p.m. We will also offer an option tour of Wintrust Arena, connected to the hotel, on Wednesday, July 3 after closing workshops, which also take place there.
Each night, there will be a last call to board buses. If you decide to stay out or miss the last bus, you are permitted and encouraged to take a Lyft or taxi back to the hotel.
Will there be food and drink available?
Food and drink will be featured at the sports venues as part of our off-site hospitality receptions. Additionally, there will be receptions in the tradeshow with hors d'oeuvres and beverages on Sunday and Monday nights. There is also a Monday and Tuesday tradeshow lunch and light breakfast most days.
Can I see the tentative final program?
Pick up your full printed program and addendum at the Registration Desk; there have been changes since we went to print. We also have an onsite app to download (watch for an email next week), with full program, speaker, and vendor information.
- If you wish to see an advanced look at the program, visit www.alsd.com/schedule
Can I get updates about events going on at the conference?
We have an app for that! Full details will be emailed to you June 29, just in time for your arrival. Check your inbox!
What are the transportation options from the airport to the host hotel?
There are several airports in Chicago. Lyfts, taxis, trains, and super shuttles should be arranged on your own.
If I am driving to the conference, is there parking?
ALSD official parking partner Parkmobile (link that to: parkmobile.io), offering online options in cities nationwide.
There is also valet and self-park at/near the host hotel, with pricing options, you can find here. (link to page created with parking info I’ll attach, John)
Do I have to be credentialed at all events?
Yes! And we mean every event. You will not be permitted into venue events without your ALSD-issued credential, which you receive at registration with a lanyard. Plus, your badge might grant you discounts at select bars and restaurants. Stay tuned for more. For all tours, the credentials are how host venues account for attendees and secure the parties. Your guests who have registered must also wear their credentials. Most venues will also have security staff checking in guests (mags & bags).
Can I drive to the venue tours?
For local venue attendees and others who will drive to the venue tours, we will have “If Driving” cards available at the registration desk with directions and gate/entry information. Please ensure you follow the instructions to ensure proper entry. And don’t forget your credential!
Can I check bags at the host hotel?
Yes, the host hotel has a baggage check. The hotel might also grant late check-outs upon request; call ahead or upon arrival as late check-outs are limited. Please plan accordingly. Check-in at the hotel is at 4:00 p.m. Check-out is at 12:00 p.m.
What do I need to bring?
Energy and an open mind! Please be prepared to take part in interactive sessions and meetings that call for audience participation.